Preparation of a computer model of desired object
Preparation of the object for FEM, including geometric and model simplifications, such as model symmetry,
converting solid models to surface models and vice versa
Geometric and variant parameterization of 3D models
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Inventor
- DS Catia.v5
- Ansys SpaceClaim
Carrying out the calculation process based on FEM for the following issues:
- linearly elastic;
- frequency response;
- modal analysis;
- and other.
- Ansys Workbench 2021R1
- Siemens FEMAP 2020.1
- MSC Digimat
It is possible to commercially use the calculation results based on the software:
Siemens Simcenter FEMAP 2020.1
Elaboration of the results
Preparation of results according to individual arrangements for each research process carried out.
- graphical elaboration of the results;
- preparing a report;
- additional computational operations on the obtained results of FEM analyzes;
- statistical processing of the obtainned results
The components of strain and stress tensors in selected nodes of the model (or in each node) can be taken from the computational model and developed with the use of software, e.g.
- Mathworks MatLAB
Research Process Implementation
In accordance with the applicable regulations of the functioning of scientific laboratories at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, the research process is carried out as follows.
01. Research Requirement Application
By submitting a completed application form, CML begins the process of preparing and securing adequate resources and time for the implementation of the research task
02. Development of a Detailed Research Program
The research work submitted for implementation is discussed with the applicant and then the following are agreed:
- expected results of work;
- the form of the expected results;
- the scope of support necessary to carry out this task within the resources and competences held;
- the team carrying out the research task and the work schedule.
03. Realization of the research task
The proposed and discussed research task is carried out using the resources of the Computer Mechanics Laboratory by:
The declaring person with appropriate authorization for the temporary use of laboratory resources;
A team carrying out a research task appointed at the stage of developing a detailed research program.
04. Reporting the results
Development of the results of the research work according to the agreed scope, completion and acceptance of the research work carried out at CML.